**Overwhelmed by this list? Start here to see Alan Savory’s TED talk explaining how planned grazing can reverse climate change.
- NPR’s Talk of the Nation interview with Judith Schwartz about her book, Cows Save the Planet:
- Soil Carbon Cowboys:
- Schwartz. J. (2013). Cows Save the Planet: And Other Improbable Ways of Restoring Soil to Heal the Earth. Vermont, USA: Chelsea Green Publishing.
- Niman, N. H. (2014). Defending Beef: The Case for Sustainable Meat Production. USA: Chelsea Green Publishing.
- Fairlie, S. (2010). Meat: A benign extravagance. Hampshire, UK: Permanent Publications.
Simon Fairlie argues that society needs to reorientate itself back to the land, both physically and spiritually and explains why an agriculture that can most readily achieve this is one that includes a measure of livestock farming.
Articles and Posts
- France’s campaign to sequester carbon in the soil (presented at the COP21):
- The Nature Conservancy, Patagonia (the clothing company committed to environmental responsibility) partnered to regenerate the grasslands of
- From the COP21: Can Cows Save the Planet? Joe Sherman
- Nicolette Hahn Niman: Wall Street Journal: Actually, Raising Beef is good for the Planet
- L. Hunter Lovins: Why George Monboit is wrong: Grazing livestock can save the world:
- Response to Cowspiracy:
- Richard Teague, a range scientist from Texas A&M University:
- Soil scientist, Dr Elaine Ingham, chief scientist at Rodale Institute:
- Peer-Reviewed research from Rodale showing how regenerative agriculture can sequester more carbon than humans are now emitting.
- Regeneration International: GHG Mitigation Potential of Different Grazing Strategies n the US Southern Great Plains:
- The Australian Dairy Farmer: ETS Lifeline: Soils Capable of Absorbing Cattle Methane
- Amazing Carbon: Ruminants and Methane